It is known to many of us that iOS 6 has been jailbroken soon after it was released, but it did not have Cydia. The jailbreak was available for A4 which could support iOS6, and iPhone 3GS. It could only install the developers tools like the SSH and afc2. As it could install SSH, the users could install Cydia manually. Here, one can get the step-by-step instructions on how to install Cydia on iOS 6.
- First jailbreak and boot the iOS 6 device.
- The users must be on the local Wi-Fi network and have SSH into the device. There are numbers of SSH tools available on MAC. One can get the Putty Work tools on Windows.
- The user has to get the following command executed using SSH:wget –q –O/tmp/cyinstall.sh http://wyndrepo.gogglecode.com/files/cyinstall.sh && chmod 755/tmp/cyinstall.sh && /tmp/cyinstall.sh
- The device will re-boot and Cydia will come on the Home screen. Now open Cydia and you will find it preparing for the file system.
- Now the users can use Cydia and install various apps and tweaks. Now you have to keep in mind that most of apps and tweaks are not updated as per iOS 6 so compatibility might be a problem.