Recently, Apple has released iOS 6 with new iPhone. Until, it can be made available on other devices, iPhone has updated Redsn0w (jailbreak tool) to allow for hacking of A4 iOS devices. Below are the steps to break through iOS 6 and install Cydia – jailbreak application hub.
Being a graphical front-end to APT (Advanced Packaging Tool), it provides application from a decentralized system of repositories.
• Update Operating System: First you need is to update your mobile operating system to iOS 6. You can either get it install from market or connect your device to iTunes application. It will be automatically prompted to allow for update to iOS 6.
• Get Redsn0w: The latest version of Redsn0w i.e. 0.9.15b1 is available for download for Mac OS X and Windows. You can download it from the concerned website. After downloading, run the file into administrator mode by clicking on open to open the file and install it.
• Instructions: You will be guided through a series of steps like entering the DFU mode. Just connect your device and follow those instructions.
• Installing Cydia: Now you can easily install Cydia through Redsn0w. on completion of Redsn0w’s installation, you will be directed to jailbreak app store.
• Booting: To run tethered boot, select, Just Boot from the Extras Menu. The jailbreak is a tethered one so you need to connect your device to your PC every time on reboot.
• Re-restoring: With this jailbreak tool, you can re-restore to/from any iOS 5 version given you have SHSH blobs saved either locally or on a server.
By following the above steps, you can jailbreak for now. Because the owners of A5 and A6 based iOS devices may be made to wait for some time before they are able to jailbreak. Until then, you can use above steps to jailbreak.
The above jailbreak is not 100 percent stable as it is a beta release so the Dev Team doesn’t take any guarantee of it.
On the other side of jailbreak news is the release of jailbreak tool – UnlockRa1n for Windows and Mac with ability to jailbreak all Apple touch devices running on iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 5. The latest version of UnlockRa1n can make Untethered jailbreaks iOS 5, iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 4.3.3 running on all devices, but iPad 2.
This tool is fast and there is also no need of restoring to other versions. The Linux users are made to wait for little more time before they can be able to use UnlockRa1n on their computers to jailbreak.