In case you are planning to upgrade iOS with iTunes , the device will be un-jailbroken and Cydia packages will get deleted. You must ensure that before upgrading iOs, a jailbreak is available for the new version.
The jailbreak for iOS 6.1 is available and Apple has introduced two emergency patches to this OS so that it could fix Exchange Support and a lock screen privacy bug. If the system has iOS6.1 running already then it is better to backup the tweaks with free software. The OpenBackup is free , easy to use and can be used to backup everything. The steps to go ahead with it are given below -
- Download OpenBackup in Cydia
- Then open the app and select the option backup. This will back up the iOS device to iCloud if it is enabled or directly in iTunes. It will also store a local copy in case the user wants to have double surety about the backup process.
- Then open up iTunes and select download and install. You can select the latest version of iOS.
- Now Jailbreak the iOS device
- Again go to Cydia and download OpenBackUp Again
- Now select the restore option in OpenBackUp and it will continue doing its work
- Now wait for iOS device to restart and it is over
After OpenBackup is complete, the device will have all the originally downloaded tweaks and Cydia apps restored.